10 Reasons to study
for the ACCA
A cost effective and efficient way to increase knowledge and professionalism. Candidates not only gain specialist knowledge in finance and accounting, but also acquire valuable skills in organisational management and strategy. It therefore increases the career prospects of the employee and reduces the training costs of the employer.
Comprehensively covers the technical and management skills accountants are expected to master. Refined for 2007, the ACCA Qualification will help achieve the range of competences required in a finance team.
The ACCA syllabus is a comprehensive program in financial management skills.
The ACCA Qualification takes the candidate to advanced levels in a variety of subjects such as:
* Management Decision Making
* Financial Reporting
* Financial Strategies.
The ACCA Qualification is not just theory - the exams are practical case studies.
3. Effective in finding business solutions
Organisations benefit from having accountancy professionals who understand the financial needs of business and who can evaluate and present effective business solutions.
The qualification equips finance professionals with
knowledge and skills which are diverse yet dynamic - the curriculum includes tax, audit and business law as well as the core accountancy subjects.
4. Measure of competence
The ACCA combines the benefits of traditional accounting skills with a wide ranging and forward looking syllabus, which recognises that finance professionals are increasingly required to demonstrate strategic thinking, excellent communication skills, people skills and fluency with information technology.
The ACCA Qualification has flexible entry requirements, and offers flexible study options, enabling studies to be planned around business needs.
6. Practical Experience
One of the requirements of the ACCA program is practical experience, because the ACCA realises that employers require an increased focus on an individual’s workplace performance.
7. Based on International standards
The Qualification is based on international accounting and auditing standards and is IFAC compliant
8. Truly Global
The ACCA is the only truly global accountancy qualification with members in 170 countries. A global program that tracks the needs of industry and employers .
9. Recognition worldwide
The ACCA has achieved strong recognition worldwide by building relationships with influential organisations including:
* local and multinational companies
* accounting bodies
* educational institutions
* entities such as the United Nations and the World Bank.
10. Professional status
Globally, employers and business partners understand and respect the qualification. ACCA members are in demand for their finance and accounting knowledge and skills worldwide.
How to Get Started?
1. Find out about the program
Make sure you know what you’re getting into as a candidate in the program and what opportunities you’ll get out of it as a Member of the ACCA once you’ve completed the program.
2. Is this the program for you?
If you are planning to advance your career, this could be the right step.
* Review the program entrance requirements
* Find out about Practical Experience requirement
* Learn about the jobs that benefit from the experience that comes with the ACCA
3. Sign up
You’ve decided to enter the ACCA Program
. Now what?
* Review the fees: Confirm that you’re ready to pay the one-time programme registration fee.
* Learn more about scheduling: Find out how long it will take and when you should sign up
* Request an ACCA registration form or alternatively register on line
* Gather all necessary documents for registration
* Post them to the ACCA Office in Glasgow